Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Madness

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days, things are beyond chaotic around my house. I'm going nuts trying to decorate & get ready for Christmas. Plus we're having a garage sale on Saturday, so I have boxes and boxes of Christmas crap from the attic & garage sale crap spread all over my house. I spent all last weekend sorting through it all. I asked my husband how could my grandmother make it look so easy -- it seemed that you woke up one morning and the house had been magically turned into a fantasy winter wonderland. He said she was a GRANDMOTHER - taking care of the house & family were her full-time job. She had the time to spend hours putting things together & decorating. She wasn't working 40 hours a week at an office, taking care of a family & household, AND trying to start a new business all at the same time. Oh yeah - that IS what I'm doing isn't it? Well that makes more sense now. So, I scale back on the Christmas decorations and do a little more shopping online instead of in the mall... every little bit helps. I just need to breathe and remember this is time for family & friends.. It's still completely magical when seen through my son's eyes. I just need to take a step back and look at it all from his perspective.

0 comments: