Thursday, December 20, 2007

I'm sick again

I should have known I'd get sick this week. I've been sick at Christmas for the past 2 years.

I started losing my voice on Monday. It wasn't too bad, just a little squeek or two - a little crack. Tuesday morning I woke up with my Kathleen Turner voice - that deep husky sexy voice. It always makes me think of the Friends episode when Phoebe got sick & got a smoky sexy singing voice. Yesterday I woke up & nothing came out. I tried talking to the cats & nothing came out! I had a cup of hot chocolate & my voice came back somewhat. I sounded like Froggy from the Little Rascals. I attempted to go to work and lasted a whole 2 hours. No one recognized me on the phone - not even my VP! More than once I tried talking on the phone and nothing came out - the callers couldn't understand me. So I gave up & went home. I saw the doc yesterday afternoon - she said I have a sinus infection AGAIN. Luckily the strep test & flu test both came back negative. She gave me a shot of cortisone to help my throat & voice. That usually helps. Unfortunately not this time. I woke up worse than before believe it or not. When I say I had no voice this morning, I mean I had NO VOICE. I tried talking this morning and absolutely nothing came out, just a whisper. Well shit! So much for going to work today! While I love having a few days off, I really hate having no voice. So here I am sitting around, drinking hot tea, and watching daytime tv.

0 comments: