Friday, May 9, 2008

Band Adjustment - I'M HUNGRY!

Okay - so I totally fell off the diet wagon recently. I've gained 10lbs since March - not happy!! I noticed that I've been able to eat a lot more lately, it takes more food to fill me up. That's a sign that I need a band adjustment/fill. So, I got one this morning. This is my 4th adjustment so far. I swear, I don't care how many times they do it, having someone stick a needle in my stomach FREAKS ME OUT every time! Ugh! I get more nervous and anxious about this than I did with the surgery itself! and really - the needle she uses is TINY - I'm actually stuck with two needles - first she injects something that numbs the area and then she sticks me again to do the actual fill - I don't feel any pain with the fill. It's just a bit uncomfortable. And it's over before you realize.

Now comes the hard part... I'm on liquids only today and tomorrow, soft foods Sunday and Monday, and I can go back to real food Monday or Tuesday. But I swear, I don't care how many smoothies and protein shakes I drink, I'm always hungry! I know it's a mental thing, but I just want to be able to chew my food! Ugh! Oh well... it's only 2 days... I can handle it...

I think...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog there, Wendy! Well, there's nothing wrong in gorging in between when you're dieting(if I'm not wrong), I can empathise with you(not that I diet, I'm just 15, I think it's pretty late to get started already) :))))

Happy Writing to you!!!!