Thursday, May 8, 2008

THURSDAY THIRTEEN - Movie Quotes


Here are some of my favorite movies to quote. They all have more than one quote, so I decided to pick my top 13 movies not 13 quotes.

1. Real Genius -

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, "I drank what?"

"You get even with Kent. It's a moral imperative. "

"Think before you ask these questions, Mitch."

"Kent, this is God."

"This? This is ice. This is what happens to water when it gets too cold. This? This is Kent. This is what happens to people when they get too sexually frustrated. "


2. Ghostbusters -

"Ray. If someone asks if you are a god, you say, YES!"

"Nimble little minx, isn't she?"

"You're right, no human being would stack books like this."

"Listen... do you smell something?"

"Somebody blows their nose and you want to keep it? Egon, your mucus."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Nice shootin', Tex!"


3. Twister:

"Uh... yeah, trust me. Rabbit is good, Rabbit is wise. "

"Cow. Another Cow. Actually I think that was the same one"

"Honey, your car is in a tree around the corner. "

"Find this road... it's like Bob's Road... "


4. Lion King:

"She's gonna EAT ME!" "Let me get this straight. You know her. She knows you. But she wants to eat him. And everybody's okay with this? Did I miss something?"

"Tell me about it. I just hear that name and I shudder. Mufasa! Ooooh! Do it again! Mufasa! Ooooh! Mufasa, Mufasa, Mufasa! Ooooh! [breaks into laughter] And it tingles me! I'm surrounded by idiots"


5. Jurassic Park:

"Must go faster. Must go faster."

"Is it heavy? Uhh yeah. Then it's expensive, put it back."

" Now eventually you might have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? Hello? yes?"

"Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming. " (that's actually from Jurassic Park 2)


6. Steel Magnolias:

"In a good shoe, I wear a size six, but a seven feels so good, I buy a size eight."

"Pink is my signature color."

"All gay men have track lightin'. And all gay men are named Mark, Rick, or Steve."

"Looks like two pigs fightin' under a blanket."

"Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!"

"They'd been smokin' everything but their shoes."

"You are evil, and you must be destroyed."

"you sound almost chipper. What happened today - you run over a small child or something?"

"Well, these thighs haven't gone out of the house without lycra on them since I was 14."

"Oh! He's a real gentleman! I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he PEES in it!"

"He is a boil on the butt of humanity!"


7. Fried Green Tomatoes:

"Face it, girls, I'm older and I have more insurance."

"How many of them hormones you takin', honey?"

"Towanda! Righter of Wrong, Queen Beyond Compare!"


8. Adventures in Babysitting:

"Don't fuck with the Lords of Hell. Don't fuck with the babysitter."

" if either of you give me any grief I swear to God I'll kill you. Dead, murdered, stabbed."

"The chick is losing it."


9. Emperor's New Groove"

"No touchy! no touch!"

"I'm sorry, but you've thrown off the Emperor's groove."

"Yay. I'm a llama again! Wait..."


10. Dude Where's May Car?:

"Dude... SWEET!"

"And then? No "and then"! And then!"


11. Lilo & Stitch:

"Coconut cake AND coffee!"

"Also cute and fluffy!"

"I like fluffy!"

"No more caffeine for you."

"Stitch is troubled. He needs desserts! Desserts!"


12. Sneakers:

"I want peace on earth and goodwill toward men. We are the United States Government! We don't do that sort of thing."

"Cattle mutilations are up."

" "Give him head"? "Be a beacon" ?"

"I want a Winnebago. Fully equipped, big kitchen, water bed...AM-FM, CD, microwave. Burgundy interior."


13. Toy Story:

"YOU! ARE! A! TOYYYYY! You're not the real Buzz Lightyear! You're - you are an action figure! You are a child's play-thing!"

"You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity."

"What's wrong with him? Laser envy."

"Ages three and up! It's on my box! Ages three and up!"

"You're mocking me, aren't you?"



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!http://www.thursdaythirteen.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some great movies to quote. Happy TT, mine is posted @ The Cafe if you would like to pop by.

Melanie said...

I was never very good with remembering quotes in a movie ~ never watched it enough to quote it..LOL I am impressed though!!