Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm back!

I'm baaaaaack!! Miss me??

Sorry for disappearing like that - I've been swamped with work stuff. This changing jobs thing is complicated! First we interviewed candidates for my replacement 2 weeks ago - part of the deal was they each had to work a day with me shadowing them to see how they handled things. Then I spent last week training the one they selected - God that was tedious. I mean I was the receptionist -- I didn't do enough to warrant training someone for a week. Two, three days maybe, but not five. I went home after lunch Thursday & Friday - what were they going to do, fire me? LOL

I was officially unemployed as of Tuesday this week. I've spent this week calling and interviewing with agencies. I swear, I'm totally brain dead from all of the skills and computer tests I've taken. Every time I go through this process, I always wish I could take those damn tests once and just share the scores with all of them.

Anyway - I'm now officially registered with three agencies. Two are branches of larger corporations, and one's an independent firm. Hopefully I'll start getting assignments and get back to work next week.

0 comments: