Monday, January 28, 2008

Hannah Montana Concert

I did it! I got tickets to the hottest show out there! HANNAH MONTANA!

These tickets are worth gold - GOLD I tell ya! But my baby boy's worth it! (He's so spoiled!) Okay, let me just start off by clarifying that I did NOT go overboard and spend thousands or even hundreds of dollars on Hannah Montana tickets. My son may be spoiled, but I'm not crazy! LOL The Hannah Montana "phenomenon" as I'll call it, is crazy! It's absolutely insane! I know we've all had our teenage superstars (Tiffany and New Kids on the Block anyone?) with their faces plastered on the covers of Teen Beat & Bop! magazines, but the madness and marketing surrounding Hannah Montana is truly insane! I was walking through Walmart yesterday and saw EVERYTHING Hannah Montana - eyeglasses, blue jeans with her pic on the hems, underwear, clothes of all sorts, bedding, toys, even snacks! I swear, there will be a Hannah Montana breakfast cereal before it's over. But I can't complain too much, because I've spent my hard earned money on several Hannah Montana items, so I'm just contributing to the madness...

But anyway - back to the tickets! I tried for Hannah Montana Rodeo tickets last year - nuh-huh, no way. The concert (at Reliant Stadium I might add) sold out in less than 10 minutes. This year, with the stories of parents camping out for days waiting for tickets, Rodeo Houston didn't even put them on sale to the general public. They held a random raffle drawing to select who was eligible to purchase the tickets once they went on sale. Even if you were selected, that didn't guarantee you'd get the tickets - just guaranteed you'd have a shot to buy them. I refused to be one of those crazy mothers who entered radio contests or did goofy stunts - or made up a bogus Army Dad in Iraq story to get tickets, but hey entering my email address in a lottery wasn't too bad. and lucky me - I won! So I was online at 8:00am sharp on Wednesday January 16th when the tickets went on sale and bought my max 4 tickets. The best part about it all is that they're Rodeo Tickets, so they're only $16 each! I LOVE Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo tickets - they're always super cheap like that - cause it's an abbreviated show only about an hour's worth I'd say. Plus we get into the Livestock Show and Carnival - always fun - and get to see the Rodeo! I absolutely LOVE the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo! YEEHAW!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

If I am lucky enough to witness this Hannah Montana concert, then at any cost I would make it. I would buy raffle tickets and make my presence over there.