Sunday, January 6, 2008

Migraine

Ugh... I have a migraine... I've had it for two days now - this sucks...

I ended up in the hospital for a week in January / February both last year and the year before because of an out of control migraine. I can NOT do that this year. We're leaving for Disney World in 7 days --- I HAVE to be better by then! I caved & took Tylenol with codeine Friday & yesterday, but had to stay strong & not take any today. Even though narcotics are really good at immediate pain relief, they tend to cause severe "rebound" headaches - the headache comes back in full force or even worse once the medication wears off. So, today I've fudged through with 4 Advil at a time. It doesn't take the headache completely today, but it does dull the pain so that's at least some improvement. I'm calling my massage therapist tomorrow and begging him for an appointment. He's wonderful with trigger points and acupressure for relieving pain. I'm also going to make an acupuncture appointment. I haven't done that in a couple of years, but it did work in the past. And honestly, I'll try just about anything if there's a chance it'll get rid of the headache in time for vacation! Wish me luck!

0 comments: