Thursday, January 3, 2008

Stomach Problems

I'm doing so well with my new stomach that I forget I can have issues/problems with it - such as my new inability to "stomach" liquor. I had another problem tonight at McDonald's. I've been able to eat a 4 piece Chicken McNugget Happy Meal & child's size Dr. Pepper since I've had my surgery --- I don't know what my problem was tonight. I'm thinking either I didn't chew my food enough - I've had to start chewing my food into total mush before I swallow, if not it gets stuck and essentially "blocks the drain". Or I took too big of a swallow of Dr. Pepper - know what happens when you pour soda into a glass too quickly? Well that's what happens with my new stomach - the carbonation expands causing serious pain. Either way, I started having SERIOUS pains at McDonald's. It hurt so bad and made me so nauseous I couldn't talk, could barely move. I HATE to throw up, always have, and I've taught myself breathing techniques to calm my stomach. I managed to control the nausea tonight so luckily no yacking, but HOLY CRAP was I in pain. It took me almost an hour at McDonald's and then another hour afterwards at home, but I'm finally just enough better to get up & moving again. Yeesh... I really feel for the people who go through hard recovery and adjustment times with new lap-bands...

0 comments: