Wednesday, March 26, 2008

100% Boy... Dying Eggs with Benjamin

The tradition in our house for Easter is that Benjamin and I dye eggs the Saturday night before Easter and leave them out for the Easter Bunny to hide Easter morning. This year we used crayons and special Easter egg markers to decorate the eggs. I swear, Benjamin is 100% boy and it even affects his egg decorating choices. I drew flowers and polka dots on my eggs. Benjamin starts out with making everyone's name "blank" 10 - as in Ben 10, his new favorite cartoon. Then he draws an alien on a green egg - of course. Then he asks me, "how do you spell PTHT NNNNNN" like someone's sticking his tongue out & giving raspberries. "You will NOT put that on an Easter egg!" "Fiiiiine..." Then he dyes an egg red for "blood" (of course) and draws a boy on it. "How do you spell 'Help I'm bleeding!"? "NO - you are NOT putting THAT on an Easter egg either." "How do you spell 'I'm hurt!'? "NO - there will be NO writing on the eggs, just pictures!"

0 comments: