Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mothers and freedon of religion

Uh-oh... I pissed my mama off... that's never good...

So I was on the phone last week with my mother, and she said that they were going to to go a bible study/church service in Huntsville on Sunday. I could tell she was trying to be nice and not ask but in the end she just couldn't help it and said I was more than welcome to come. I said thanks really, but no. I'm Buddhist remember? Buddhists don't do church. I have to give her credit, she's really been trying to be open minded about my whole Buddhism thing - but I know she thinks it's just my latest half hearted phase and I'll grow out of it like usual. So she tells me, that doesn't mean you can't come. We still believe the same things - faith hope & love. I said yes, we do believe the same things, hope & love, but you read a book I don't read and follow a guy I don't follow. Uh-oh. Wrong move there Wendy. She got really serious & told me to be careful what I say. "Tread lightly" she tells me. "You don't wanna go there - be careful what you say." Great. Now she has just one more reason to think I'm going to hell. Better light another candle for me.

0 comments: