Friday, March 14, 2008

Dry Cleaned Night Shirt

So hubby took the clothes to the cleaners on Wednesday for me since I was sick and staying home... I got dressed, drove my son to school, and went straight back home & upstairs to lay in bed for the next 12 hours or so... but my nightshirt was missing - what the? It was right here before I left... right here on the closet floor... ooohhhhh - next to the pile headed to the cleaners.
So Wednesday night I asked my husband if he accidentally grabbed my nightshirt with the clothes --- he didn't know. huh?? "Well", he says, "they were really busy when I dropped the clothes off, so I just handed the lady the whole bag & she said she'd sort & count the pieces later". Great... So, I picked up the clothes yesterday and sure enough -mixed in with the others - was my newly dry cleaned $5 Walmart nightshirt. I think it probably cost the same to clean it as it did to buy it! (Not really, but it felt like it!)
Believe it or not, this isn't the first time Hubby's done that. Only the last time it was a negligee from Frederick's of Hollywood (back in my skinnier days). I can ALMOST see someone cleaning that, it was chiffon & satin after all. But a big tshirt from walmart? That's gotta be a new one for the cleaners.

0 comments: