Wednesday, March 19, 2008

RIP Gary the snail...

We've had a death in the family... Gary the snail died. My son has a fish tank in his bedroom (works as a great nightlight AND Nana taught him that fish frighten monsters away - yay Nana!). Anyway, he has 3 goldfish - Sponge Bob, Patrick, and Mr. Crabs - and a blue snail, Gary of course. Gary's normally all over the place. One of our bedtime games is "where's Gary tonight?" (he gets in the weirdest places!). Unfortunately, Gary hasn't moved AT ALL in a few days, so I think he's gone to the great fish tank in the sky. I love kids' resiliency - when I told B the bad news, all he said was "does that mean I can get another one?"... My question though is, what do I do with the shell? I'd leave it in there, but doesn't it have a little snail corpse inside? I guess I'll just toss it in the trash tonight...

0 comments: