Monday, April 28, 2008

Books books and more books!

I am sooooo dangerous in a bookstore. Hubby and I stopped into Barnes & Noble on Saturday. An hour and $87 later he had to DRAG me out of the store. I'm such a bookworm. I absolutely LOVE books. I always have a huge stack waiting to be read. Here are my current selections:

1. I'm currently reading the complete set of The Chronicles of Narnia, starting with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

2. I'm halfway through Christine Feehan's GhostWalker series - there are 5 of those, I've read 3 so far.

3. I just bought the first in Christine Feehan's Dark Series (vampire series) - there are so far 18 in that series.

4. Bought the first in Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld Series - I read book 8 last year, now I want to start at the beginning. There are 11 so far in that series.

5. I have all three of MJ Rose's Butterfield Institute series. I've started book 1 twice now, but put it down.

6. I picked up Lisa Jackson's latest hardback "Lost Souls" on Saturday.

7. and The Ghost Map by Steven Johnson. It looked interesting, about the cholera outbreak in London in 1854.

8. I started reading "Beautiful Children" by Charles Bock a few weeks ago, but it didn't really grab me, so I switched to something else. I may go back to it after I've read all of my others.

9. I still need to finish the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony. I've read the first three of seven.

10. I started George Orwell's 1984 too. That one's so small, I need to just finish it.

11. and The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters by Gordon Dalhquist. That one's HUGE and lost my interest about 1/3 into it.

12. I have Ghost Story by Peter Straub

13. and Velocity by Dean Koontz

14. and TONS of Meditation and Buddhist books I read from time to time. I love reading the Dalai Lama's books.

I think that's it for now. I have about 20-something waiting to be read. Wow - I didn't realize it was that many -- I need to hop to it!

0 comments: