Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cooking at home

This may come as a serious shock to some of you, but I have actually been cooking meals at home. YES you heard that correctly!! Now while most of the weeknight meals have been from a box or frozen (for time's sake), I've cooked Sunday meals from scratch for the past 3 weeks or so. I have to give myself a little pat on the back for this past Sunday's dinner - homemade chicken noodle soup. Hubby & I were both having serious allergy attacks this weekend, and chicken soup just sounded good to me. I cheated a little, it wasn't COMPLETELY from scratch - I bought a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from HEB and just pulled the meat off. But other than that, the veggies & everything else were fresh. It was seriously yummy! I'm starting to love my new oven too - baking chicken & such is soooo easy now (dinner the previous two Sundays). Now if I could only get over my phobia of the crock pot... I'm always afraid it'll catch on fire & burn the house down if you leave it on while not home...

1 comments:

Nissa said...

Give the crockpot a try- they're fabulous! Although some models cook a little too hot. I love throwing in the ingredients & not having to watch everything!