Thursday, November 8, 2007

Gecko in my mailbox

I have a gecko living in my mailbox – just thought I’d share. What amazes me is how long he’s lived in there – about 5 years now! I had no idea they could live that long, especially in the wild – and especially in a MAILBOX. He scared the shit out of me the first time about 4 summers ago. I opened the door on my brick mailbox and reached in to get the mail, when I noticed something moving in the back. Of course I SCREAMED and dropped all the mail (thinking it was a spider), but then I noticed the cute little lizard about 2 inches long. Well he’s been there off and on ever since. I leave him alone, and he scoots to the back of the box whenever I reach in – neither of us wants him hitching a ride on the mail. It really does amaze me though that he’d live that long in one place, but I can’t imagine more than one discovering the cool gecko condo. Maybe they’re spreading the word and it’s a timeshare or something…

0 comments: