Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend from HELL

This past weekend was the ultimate weekend from HELL!

It started out with a phone call from one of my best friends, she & her girlfriend/wife of 10 years are breaking up and she was breaking down. Poor thing cried non-stop all weekend it seems. I'm not giving any more details now, I'm sure she doesn't want to share with the world. I just feel so helpless. All I can do is be a shoulder for her to lean on. I wish I could fix things, put everything back where it all belongs, but that's just not possible.

Then we had the emergency & drama from my brother. That's been hell on everyone all weekend. He's still in ICU, but awake now. He's completely delusional again. He has no idea what's going on or where he is. We're afraid he's not going to come back this time. He's been confused a lot these last few weeks, and this might just be it. It's a crap shoot if he comes back to reality or stays confused from here on out. Obviously he can no longer be allowed to be alone, so the assisted living facility option is out. He has to be in a psych facility where he can be monitored 24/7.

And then to top it all off, another really good friend (bestest of my best) told me he's moving out of state. He slips the news to me via text messages while I'm at my friend's house helping her with her crisis. Hubby says he waited until I was occupied with other probs, so I wouldn't dwell on this one too much. I know - it's not my business, shouldn't concern me, but it just does. He moved here in January to try a new life in a new town, and he's already admitting defeat and leaving. He's lost 2 jobs in a year, and is having problems finding another. So, he's packing it in, giving up the apartment, and leaving. He's been one of my absolute closest friends since I was 15 years old (I'm not telling how long ago that was!). We've been out of touch for about 10 years now and finally got close again. And now he's leaving! Ugh! He says it won't be that much different, we can still talk on the phone and IM all day like we do now, but I'll still miss him more than he'll know. I LOVE having him 5 minutes down the road. Having him back in my family.

The one bright spot in my weekend was dinner at the in-laws Saturday night. How many people can say that? - the best part of my weekend was dinner with the in-laws! My husband's brother, wife, & 2 girls were there too. We had dinner & then roasted marshmallows over the firepit and made smores. I laughed all night & just had the BEST time.

Anyway... Monday's almost half over and I've had no real catastophes yet... this week is starting out pretty good...

0 comments: