Saturday, November 10, 2007

My dad again

It's been three weeks since my dad called looking for me. Since my mom gave me his number. I haven't had the nerve to call him yet, and I haven't stopped thinking about him. I lie to everyone and tell them I don't care - I've moved on, but that's just not true. Those closest to me know it - apparently it's obvious. Steven said he never realized I was still so angry. Until he read my last post about my father. It was filled with anger, rage, hurt, and all the emotions I've been holding inside for 20 years. I've been lying to myself too. Trying to convince myself that I don't care, but I do. You'd think after 20 years with no contact, I'd let it go and move on. I've tried and I really thought I had, but obviously not.

A quote from Grease has stuck with me since I was a little girl. Frenchy told Sandy that the only boy a girl can trust is her daddy. I was a small child when I first saw that movie, but that quote stuck out even way back then. What happens when a girl can't trust her daddy? What then happens to the girl and the woman she will become?

0 comments: