Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rain & My Glass Office

So... As always, I'm again the chick behind the big marble desk, the receptionist in the lobby. Up here all alone in my receptionist bubble as I call it. This time it's a little different. Instead of being in a cave as it usually seems, I'm in a glass conservatory almost. Let me explain - usually the reception area is of course just inside the office doors, and facing or close to the elevator lobby. Almost always it's an area with no windows - I'd have to go to a manager's office to look out a window. My last job I could see the reflection of a window bouncing off of a metallic wall and could at least tell whether it was sunny or overcast out. I'd gotten very good at determining if it was raining by the details in the reflection. Several years ago I worked in an office in downtown Houston - that time I parked in an underground garage, took interior elevators to my windowless office, plus I ate in the tunnels underground. I could literally go all day without seeing the sunlight. That was a little odd...

So anyway, this is a totally new experience for me. I can actually see outside! Not only can I see outside, but I'm basically in a glass conservatory - AND it has an industrial looking metal ceiling. It's really nice normally, but OMG I just found out it's freaking loud in a rainstorm!! Ever been in a house or on a porch with a tin roof?? Well that's what I'm getting now, and it's echoing all over the place. I can barely hear the phone! But - beggars can't be choosers, and I'll gladly take the noise any day if it means I get the windows. Check it out... isn't it nice????

my desk

view from my desk

front door / another view from my desk

ceiling and last view from my desk

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Its looking fine, you can find more Glass Office Furniture for decorating your office in a modern style.