Friday, June 13, 2008

Work clothes again

I know I mentioned something about my new work clothes a few posts ago, but I just have to say it again. I really couldn't have cared less what I wore to my old job. As long as it wasn't a monster truck tshirt, capris, and flip flops, I was doing better than my boss. Now I'm back to professional career woman looks - suits, dresses, etc - and I save the capri pants for Fridays.

Did I mention I bought several dresses for work? It's weird for me, I know. Seriously, I remember wearing a dress Easter 2003 and to my friend's college graduation in 2003 or 2004. That's it, that's the last time. Plus, neither time did I wear hose. I got all dolled up Tuesday fro my first day on the job. I wore a new skirt and blouse, hose, and heels - whoa! I'm turning a corner in my wardrobe. Gone are the comfortable slacks, sensible but ugly shoes, and boxy shirts. In are figure showing dresses, hose, and heels. And even when I'm wearing my slacks, I have on a feminine blouse & shoes. I have to say, I feel prettier in these clothes - and I'm getting noticed! I have to walk through the cafeteria to get to the lady's room, and I've spotted a few of the plant workers/industrial guys glancing my way! Yesterday I wore a dress that was cut a little lower than I remembered causing my to show a bit more cleavage than I'd have liked. Everyone got a free show, but oh well - nothing I could do about it. I even got a compliment from one of the ladies!

But I have to admit my feet are seriously suffering and feeling the pain of looking good. The black heels I wore on Tuesday were no big deal. I wore them to work and then karate practice in the evening with no problems. But my brown heels are killing me! They're 3 1/2 inches high which isn't normally TOO bad, but is a killer when you're hoofing all over everywhere! Plus, I was a complete dumb ass on Wednesday and forgot to bring a pair of tennis shoes to wear to and from the car, which of course is parked in BFE - 10 miles from the building. I whined to my mom last night about my feet - she told me to clean up the bottoms of the feels and return them. Why on Earth would I do that? They may be little pain inducing torture devices, but they look good! I'm thinking about buying the same pair in black! My grandmother taught me that you sometimes have to suffer to look good. She gave me a pair of espadrille heels once that were a half size too small and hurt like hell, but I wore them! and I did look good!

0 comments: