Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sam Houston Memorial Funeral Home

I have to thank my mother-in-law for this. She's the one who noticed & pointed it out to me...

So... my mother-in-law was looking up the details about Barbara's funeral last week when the buttons on the funeral home's website caught her eye. I have to say, I didn't pay any attention to them. Apparently, neither have the management for the funeral home because they're clearly not appropriate for the site. Check it out: http://www.funeralplan.com/samhoustonmemorialfuneralhome/
1. What's up with all of the butterflies? They're all over the place! What, do they think that'll distract people from the fact that it's a FUNERAL HOME?
2. Obits/Guestbook -- what does a woman & a little girls have to do with obituaries?
3. Virtual Tour - (1) Who the hell wants a virtual tour of a funeral home??? I don't think that would really be needed here. and (2) BUMPER BOATS??? WTF??
4. Pre-Planning - Yes I understand tons of people pre-plan their funerals. It's a very smart thing to do to make sure everything is taken care of in the manner you'd like. but again I just have to say WTF?? What is up with the camping picture? I haven't heard of this being a common camping outing for the whole family. "Guess what kids?? This weekened we're going camping down at the funeral home! and at night, we'll roast marshmallows & weenies in a leftover wooden casket!! Yay!!!"
5. Community Events - this isn't so much a complaint about the picture but rather a question about what kind of community events are going to be advertised on the funeral home website? and who is going to that website for their calendar planning information?? Funeral homes are something we all need at one time or another for ourselves or friends/family. But I don't think anyone ever looks forward to dealing with them. It's never a happy occasion.

Does anyone know the management for Sam Houston Memorial Funeral Home? If so, you may want to mention to them that they should reconsider the clip art on their website. I don't know -- maybe lilies or other flowers, doves, books, even people embracing. Just about anything will be better than camping and bumper boats!

(P.S. Thanks Jan!!)

0 comments: