Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bessie's Sick

Uh-oh... Bessie, my beloved car, isn't doing well. The air conditioner compressor wouldn't kick on just now. I almost went into panic mode. That's always been the kiss of death for my cars in the past. This is the first really nice car - brand new car - I've had. Always before if the a/c went out, it would have cost more than the car was worth to have it fixed. I immediately thought, crap - the last thing I want right now is another car payment. I love having this car paid for. But - we're at the level now that I don't have to give up on Bessie, I can have the a/c fixed. I can invest a few hundred or a thousand (gulp!) into my car if that means it will continue to run well for another year or so. I can't complain either. My car's a 2000 Chevy Malibu LS - I bought it brand new in May 2000 (7 miles on the odometer!) - and from what I can think of, this is the first major incident we've had with it. 8 years with no major breakdowns? That's great! Isn't it??

0 comments: