Thursday, February 21, 2008

Irresponsible Drivers

I have to vent a bit about 2 different cars/drivers I saw while out at lunch today:

1) As I parked my car at Half Price Books, I noticed the car parked next to me had 3 or 4 dogs inside. I totally freak out when people leave animals in cars during hot months, but granted the temps weren't TOO bad today and they could handle it. But I was in Half Price Books for an hour and when I came out, the dogs were still there! I really felt sorry for them - all crammed in a little compact car. I don't know how long they were actually stuck there.

2) Now while that's not nice, it's not illegal or anything... but then... I was waiting at a red light heading back to the office, my windows down since Bessie's a/c is broken, and I hear a toddler babbling. The windows are down on the minivan to my right, so I can see straight in and clearly overhear them. I look over and there was a 2 year old little girl sitting in her mama's lap in the front seat - of course neither with seat belts. OH MY GOD! I mean c'mon people!! Set aside the fact that it's totally illegal to do that, don't you realize how dangerous that is?! We were on 1960, a pretty busy road - PLUS it's raining. That baby could have flown into the windshield or (God forbid) out the window -- not to mention the airbag could kill her. I wonder if there's a hotline or something to report things like that. I'm normally not one for being Big Brother's snitch, but some things should be reported.

0 comments: