Monday, February 4, 2008

Scary Redneck Office Neighbors

We have new neighbors moving into the suite next to ours. We've been the only tenants here on the 4th floor of our office building since we moved in 5 years ago - but not any longer! Rumor has it that the newbies are a couple of attorneys. I don't know about that, but I do know they are hard core redneck good ole boys. I'm not talking about the sweet, country bubba-type rednecks, I'm talking the skoal chewing, cowboy dressing, jacked up truck driving, bimbo dating, racist, phobic, hard-core klan partying rednecks. Now looks can be deceiving and never judge a book by its cover and all that, so I really shouldn't judge... but I will... and going by how they look and walk and talk as they pass my glass office doors they're some big time asshole good ole boys. Great...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you are going to lose you "meditation" space ;)

Wendy said...

Yes, unfortunately I've lost my meditation space... explanation: my office takes up about 2/3 of the space on our floor - the remaining 1/3 has always just been empty offices. Even though it wasn't technically ours, my office had free reign over there... I routinely used one office to nap, meditate, read, or just hide on my lunch breaks. Unfortunately that's the space they've built out for the new tenants. We lost ALL of our empty space - including our hallway with the Coke machine! So, I've been forced to read in our kitchenette, and meditate in my car... ugh

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.