Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tooth on the Loose

WARNING - Tooth Fairy Spoiler ahead!!



So I was talking to a friend of mine about why I bought the sterling silver pill box in the first place...


I want something nice to keep my son's baby teeth in after the tooth fairy collects them. My son just got his first loose tooth, and we're so excited! So I got to thinking, where do I keep his teeth? It was never a debate I think of whether to keep them or not, just where to keep them. My mother has a tiny trinket box in her old jewelry box with a few of my teeth - and the poodle's teeth. (ok, that explains SO MUCH about my present mental state I think...) So my friend replied "You keep those?!" Honestly, up to that point I thought everyone kept their children's teeth, but apparently not. Every baby store it seems has keepsake boxes for "Baby's First Tooth and Baby's First Haircut", so of course we keep the teeth. And so - here comes the idea for the sterling pill box. It's small enough to fit in my jewelry box, and nice enough to be a keepsake to keep his teeth in forever....


P.S. here's the bigger pill-box. It's plain jane, but it's perfectly sized:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mom used to make us put ours in envelopes before we gave them to the tooth fairy thereby making them easier to get from under the pillow and then she kept all the envelopes in a photo box in her closet.

Wendy said...

Awww how sweet! Thanks for the comment - and the idea!