Thursday, February 14, 2008

ProFlowers.com

Since I'm in a princess mood today, I want to get on my little princess soap box for a minute. I can't stand getting flower deliveries from Pro Flowers.com. They arrive in a box, with a plastic vase, and you have to arrange them yourself. Uh-huh, no way. Hubby sent me flowers from there once. To top it all off that once, the flowers themselves were old & wilted. He confessed how much he spent for them, and I called Pro Flowers with a screaming hissy fit that we did NOT get our money's worth. I know - I can be such a bitch sometimes. In hubby's defense, he was new at the whole married guy thing and didn't know to order flowers from a local florist. I explained to him that they're just as cheap and it's a lot easier most times. I'm sorry, but if someone is going to pay $75 on flowers for me, I damn well want them in a glass vase and I DON'T want to arrange them myself. I mean c'mon people! That's why florists only hire trained floral arrangers - they know how to do it, I don't! Plus - part of the fun of getting flowers is the look on all of your coworkers' faces when this big beautiful flower arrangement is delivered with your name on it. Everyone notices. The same arrangement can arrive in a box and no one will give it a second glance.

So... guys... remember... Yes for floral arrangements... no for flowers in a box... (unless that's what she wants...)

0 comments: